Chief Pharmacists ensure staff and medicines are managed and compliant with legal and professional regulations, ensuring the safe, high quality and effective use of medicines. The role provides expert pharmaceutical advice, at all levels, on the effective, economic use of medicines and the systems and processes needed to be robust.
As a Chief Pharmacist you will provide strategic and professional leadership and actively participate in the governance of the Trust, as well as contributing to and leading the implementation of national guidance.
- Leadership and development of a transformative vision for the pharmacy and medicines optimisation services.
- Work collaboratively with local health and social care commissioners, providing strategic direction for the development of innovative medicines optimisation that improve patient outcomes and maximise value for the Trust.
- Lead the performance management and recruitment needs of the pharmacy team, ensuring high quality and operationally efficient pharmacy services.
- Act in accordance with the Health Act 2006 and other legal and statutory frameworks and standards are complied with, ensuring a safe service with systems in place to identify and communicate incidents
- Take accountability for the achievement of contractual, financial, and key quality targets for Pharmacy Services
- Be the champion for medicines optimisation and pharmacy advice, ensuring an evidence-based approach and high-quality patient facing clinical services are in place
- Ensuring multidisciplinary audit and review processes are complied with
- Work across organisational boundaries to ensure the Trust complies with new pharmacy directives and maintain a high profile and levels of visibility to ensure a positive exchange of information between NHS Trusts, NHSE and local CCGs for the provision and development of services and contracts