This statement applies to content published on the kss.hee.nhs.uk domain.
This website is run by HEE KSS Education. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
How accessible this website is:
- some tables do not have row headers
- some images do not have good alternative text
- many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
How to request content in an accessible format:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
If you contact us with a complaint and you are not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
HEE Wessex is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website partially complies with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Content that is not within the scope of the accessibility regulations:
Images on pages do not always have suitable alternative text. Some images are missing alternative text, some have incomplete text and some have ‘placeholder’ as alternative text. This fails WCAG 1.1.1A success criterion (Non-text Content).
We will create guidance to help content authors understand the requirements for captions and audio description for all new videos. This relates to WCAG 2.1A success criteria 1.2.2 (Captions (Prerecorded)) and 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded).
PDFs and other documents:
Many documents are not accessible as they are missing text alternatives.
To report any problems or request documents in an alternative format, please contact us.
How we tested this website:
This website is being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA. HEE Kent, Surrey and Sussex carry out these tests internally.
Statement publication date: 16 July 2020. Last update: 16 July 2020.